Maybe you’ve noticed this, but did you realize that whether you do or you don’t starts in your thoughts? Thoughts become action, so:
“The act of getting strong doesn’t start in the gym, it starts in your head!”
I wanted to share a few tips I’ve learned to lean on when my mind gets negative…I struggle with this A LOT. I’m an over thinker. Anyone else? So here goes:
- What the mind believes, the body achieves.Do a workout that’s fun. If you are dreading it, then it’s just going to be hard. It’s good to have a challenge – yes. But you can challenge yourself within that activity. Believe in yourself. You’ll be surprised at what you can do.
- Think happy.Positive thoughts right? Don’t think about a month from now, or even a year from now. Think about what’s in front of you today. Sometimes it’s hard to get around to pushing play, or getting those workout clothes on. One step at a time. Don’t overthink it, just do it and think of the end, because YOU NEVER REGRET A WORKOUT!
- We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.Think about it – when we think negatively, what are the results? Do we feel better? No!! So instead of thinking “No, I can’t” – say “YES, I CAN!”
- Celebrate victories!Don’t celebrate with food 😉 but be proud of yourself! Any victory, no matter how small they might be, is still a victory and another step toward the right direction! Progress is still progress!
- Those happy pheromones tho!Remember, your body was made to move! If you’re feeling tired, slow, down – workout!
I hope these are helpful, and when you think about how far you have to go, think about how far you’ve come.