For Your Valentine
DECEPTIVELY DIVINE RED VELVET CUPCAKES
SERVES: 18 (1 cupcake each) Prep Time: 20 min. Cooking Time: 20 min.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): 1 yellow ½ blue 1½ tsp.
FOR RED VELVET CUPCAKES:
1 (15-oz.) can beets, drained 1⁄3 cup extra-virgin organic coconut oil
1½ tsp. pure vanilla extract 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 large eggs
½ cup coconut sugar
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
½ cup almond flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder, gluten-free
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Line two muffin pans with eighteen muffin papers and lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
- Place beets, oil, extract, almond milk, lemon juice, eggs, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder in blender (or food processor); cover. Blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, add flour, almond flour, and baking powder. Blend until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pans, filling each cup approx. ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Set cupcakes aside to cool while you prepare frosting.
FOR AVOCADO CREAM FROSTING:
5 Tbsp. coconut sugar 1 tsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free)
2 very ripe medium avocados
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice 1
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place sugar and cornstarch in blender (or food processor); cover. Blend until powdered.
- Add avocados, lemon juice, extract, and cocoa powder; cover. Blend until smooth peaks form.
- Evenly spread frosting on cool cupcakes.
Muffin papers/cupcake liners
Nonstick cooking spray
Recipe By: Beachbody, Fixate Cooking Show